Services to Youth is an integrated approach to preparing young people to succeed in the 21st century workforce and promote healthy lifestyles within families and communities. The primary goals of this facet are to
- Promote early literacy
- Implement local mentoring programs from kindergarten through college
- Close the academic gaps from kindergarten through college
- Introduce and support Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math (STEAM)
- Implement college readiness programs
- Increase high school and college graduation rates
- Award college scholarships and build educational endowments
- Promote and support HBCUs (Historically Black Colleges and Universities)
- Purchased four (4) computers for lab at Prayer Tower Christian Academy (PTCA). Responsible for set-up, curriculum, and weekly classroom sessions.
- Purchased Dance Mat Typing Tutor program and Mavis Beacon Typing Program: Every week used programs to familiarize, teach and enhance the students keyboarding and math skills.
- Provided school supplies to each and every student of PTCA and monetary donation to school to purchase additional school supplies.
- Coordinated enrichment activities that exposed the students to aspects of science, engineering, art, and history: Seattle Science Center, Michael P. Anderson Program at the Museum of Flight in Seattle, Buffalo Soldiers, Home Depot Art Project, Wilcox Chicken Farm Museum, Glass Museum, Dental presentation by Dr. Pollene, Point Defiance Zoo, MLK Program
- Mentoring program focused on goal setting and positive behaviors and attitudes
- Tutored students in Algebra
- Organized educational opportunities: word processing skills, online math program, powerpoint