Tacoma Links (WA) Scholarship Application 2018
Thank you for contacting the Tacoma (WA) Chapter of The Links, Incorporated for its scholarship application. Please upload your completed application. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Applicant must be a U. S. citizen of African descent pursuing an undergraduate degree or technical training at an accredited technical college.
- Applicant must be graduating from high school, continuing his/her educational training, or be attending a college or university in the United States in the fall following high school graduation.
- Applicant must be registered at an educational institution on a full-time basis as defined by the institution.
- Applicant must have a Cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.7 or higher.
- Complete the online application below in its entirety.
- Complete the request below for two writing samples. A. Write a paragraph of not more than 250 words on “Why This Scholarship is Important to Me.” AND B. Write an essay of not more than 1,000 words on one (1) of the following topics: 1) How can we eliminate cyberbullying? 2) Facebook and Twitter: Avenues for Hatred, Violence and Human Trafficking.
- Submit: 1) Transcripts: Have registrar e-mail transcripts to us at email@example.com 2) Three (3) letters of recommendation from teachers, school counselors/administrators, employers, or other adults in the community (exclusive of family members). Add student’s first name and last name, along with “Recommendation Letter” in the subject line. NOTE: Two (2) letters must be from school staff. Have counselors/teachers email their letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Add student’s first name and last name to subject line. 3) Submit a photo (class or yearbook) along with your application.
Each applicant is evaluated on:
- Quality of transcript
- Degree of involvement in school activities
- Extent of involvement in community activities
- Quality of essays
- Content of letters of recommendation
- Your application, including transcript, photo, three (3) letters of recommendation, and essays, must be submitted no later than midnight Monday, February 19, 2018. Incomplete applications will not be considered for review.
- Photograph and Transcript- A clear, frontal photograph of you (above the shoulders) and an official transcript must be emailed to email@example.com. Type your first and last name, along with Tacoma Links Scholarship in the subject line.
- The Scholarship Committee may request candidate interviews.
Uploading Files To upload your file(s), click on the “Choose File” buttons after completing this form and select your desired file. Uploading your transcripts – Ensure your transcripts are in one (1) file (DOC, PDF, TXT, JPG or RTF). Maximum size file size: 200MB. Essays – Type your essays in a Word Document on your computer, then “Copy” and “Paste” it in the essay(s) fields below. Note: Uploading your essays (2) is optional – For best results, use Microsoft Word for the essay (DOC, PDF, TXT, JPG or RTF). Maximum size file size: 200MB. Uploading your photo – Ensure file type is a JPG or JPEG file. Maximum size file size: 200MB. If you have any questions, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete the form below.
Asterisk (*) is required.